Monday, August 6, 2012

Real Weddings | A New York Wedding at The W Hotel





Love this wedding submitted by Brooklyn Beloved! Primarily a photographer for Elle, Details, Fortune, Marie Claire and others photographed a good industry friend's wedding, Hali.

Hali's memories of her wedding:
I was so wrapped up in planning the wedding and doing it in a time crunch that I told the string quartet that was going to play while I walked down the aisle to play the wrong song. It was supposed to be the beautiful beginning of You Can't Always Get What You Want by the Rolling Stones and in a rush I told them I wanted I Can't Get No Satisfaction and when the doors opened and I walked in we were all in shock to hear the opening chords of Satisfaction. It made for a rock and roll wedding for sure and will never forget it. Still worked for me, but I think my mom is still in shock.

My father in law's band, Offtrax, from VA rocked the house the house the rest of the night. It was special to know the band and was a serious rock and roll wedding. Eric Bazilian of the Hooters who wrote "What If God Was One OF Us" was a guest and was so great to hear him perform the song live! My father in law and Offtrax also prepped and learned the song "They Love Each Other" by the Grateful Dead for Benji and I for our wedding song which was really special and sounded amazing!!

We were married on the Jewish holiday of Purim which was another great reason to celebrate and the reason for all of the masks and noise makers on the table which are tradational for the holiday. 

The huge blizzard of 2010 was the day before and of the wedding and they had to shovel all of the snow off of the balconies of our suites in order to take photos. You can't tell, but there was 2 feet of snow on the ground that day! Thank goodness only a few guests got stranded and the W was as organized as they were!

Details:
Venue: W Hotel, 49th Street
Dress: Reem Acra (same dress Taylor Swift wore to the 2009 Country Music Awards)
Shoes: Jimmy Choo
Lighting/MC: Dancejock Productions
Band: Offtrax

xo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...